Sunday, March 20, 2005

Luck

After a few whiskey drinks I am beginning to think this was a lucky night for me. Walking in the door after work I see a bottle of Maker's Mark and a thank you card sitting next to my computer (Thanks again Sam and Juli). Now for me there is nothing better than some Bourbon and my iBook (oh yes, I am a Apple geek). But tonight I wouldn't even be able to get into the bottle until after 2 am.

I had decided to go to the Tugboat and see Duckbutter, which is this band that played/lived here several years ago. The thing is, I never go to the Tugboat. The Tugboat is one of the few places in town that always makes me feel really young when I walk in there. But I had won a $25 gift certificate at the KRS-One show and I wanted to use it. And who better to spend to with me than the lovely _itch? So after my ritual Saturday night dinner at Johnny B Goods, I gave her a call. To say the least she was indecisive about going out.

"I'll call you later"

I go home, well actually Sam and Juli's. Leave to catch the bus and call _itch. She doesn't want to go out and she is already in her pj's. I say I won't twist her arm this time. As I'm on the bus _itch calls.

"Where are you?"
"On the bus."
"I'll see you there."
Laughing "Cool, see you"

I get there, have a drink in hand. _itch shows up, we play Area 51, needless to say if aliens ever invade Steamboat they are fucked as long as there is enough ammo.

We sit at the bar which was a good idea. _itch goes to play pool. I run into Pixie and talk to her for a bit. I decline going into the women's restroom. Stupid morals. Dang, is she popular.

At some point I find ten bucks in the game room, which basically pays for my night. Yeah, I'm still a cheap date. Ten minutes later, _itch finds $100 somewhere. Damn. Luck.

No comments: