Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ups and downs of falling

I was going to write about how I'm scared of falling for this wonderful woman that I've know for a while. But then I realized that it would be just a little selfindulgent and overly anaylitical.

Instead, I'm going to gush like a teenager on why I think she's groovy, hopefully without saying too much. For one, she knows how to use a twenty-five cent word the right way. Not only that, but she likes wordplay. That is a big one for me, smart people are just more interesting. As well, we have remarkable conversations in which we both really listen to each other and can remember details from times past. Then there are her eyes, so bright, just so sparkling. Sometimes I'll glance up and see her gazing at me with those eyes, with a look that I hope is just for me. Because if it is for me, I am a very lucky man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Keith, look at you; downright giddy like a schoolgirl. Glad to see you have made a new, quality friend. I'm also happy to hear that she fills your intellectual requirements. I've always been impressed with your depth (and width?) of knowledge of things both trivial and relevant, as well as your expansive vocabulary.

That said; your grammer and punctuation leave a bit to be desired. Remember, no more than one comma in a sentence unless you are making a list. I think you need to further explore the wonderful world of the semicolon; it provides endless opportunities to string together a long thought in one sentence without having a run-on. And would a spell check kill you? Jeez, you left the 'e' of of 'made' in one entry. Come on, man. At least you know the difference between their, they're, and there. So...by now you have figured out that I am mostly just teasing you and having a joke (and we all know what they say about what makes a joke funny: it contains some truth).

Damn, I may have to start "blogging" as you say. This is total flow of conciousness or whatever, and it feels good.

Regards,
Cary

P.S. I am not going to re-read what I just wrote or spell check it. Feel free to rip me one. I am sure it's a mess.

surly monkey said...

Dang, you busted me. I totally have comma issues. I even tried to look it up in my grammar book which obviously it did no good. In fact, I remember a paper in high school that came back dripping in red ink and contained five sentences for five paragraphs. See this is why I need a smart woman. Hopefully she is good a grammarian as well.

P.S. One small thing, grammar is spelled with an a.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for knocking me down a notch. I even asked for it.

I see it says I can use some HTML tags in the comments. Does that include inserting images in HTML form? Maybe I'll try in another post.

You said,"Grammarian".

C