Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The good old days

I've been blessed over the years with some of the greatest roommates a man could ever have. After living by myself for a winter this has become very apparent. The whole roommate thing starts back in college when I was living with a the guitarist from Crankpin and a guy who thought he was a vampire. And believe it or not the vampire guy was better with the ladies than the rocker.

I have to say with a few exceptions I've always had very brilliant and creative roommates and any idiosyncrasies were completely blown away by their talents. They have opened many doors to me that I would have never even noticed. I'm happy that I am able to stay connected to at least a few of these people. For some of us, we've experienced intense moments of nature including lightning, the northern lights and a meteor shower in a single evening. Along with times of loyalty that I shouldn't have expected and yet received.

I'd like to think that I had something to do with this in that people of similar capacity tend to cluster together. I would like to think that I am as talented as some of these people. All I can say is that many of the people I've lived with over the years it's been an honor to live with them and they have taught me so much. Without them I would be nothing.

No comments: