Thursday, July 28, 2005

Dear Bicycle

Dear Bike,

I know I've been neglecting you more than this summer than I have in past summers. In the past I would ride you to work 3 or 4 times a week until it was too cold. But you have to understand that work is a 3 minute walk now and it almost seems pointless to take you with me. You've know for a while that I'm just not that interested in trail riding anymore. If there wasn't so much goddamned uphill climbing here I might feel differently. I do take you with me anytime I go out to a bar and we still do the blind ride home on the bike path.

And yes, this summer I've forsaken you a little more for my skateboard. If Brett hadn't shown me that skatepark an hour or so away from here things might be different. I'm sorry but I just consider you more of a transportation device as opposed to an object of fun.

Don't worry though, I won't get rid of you. I may convert you into something and get a bike that is more conducive to road riding but you will always be my favorite.

And we still have a few months to spend together before the snow flies so be happy. I promise you'll get out of the house several times a week. Even if it is just to the bar.

sincerely,
Surly Monkey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting teary
-sis