Saturday, July 23, 2005

Things I've seen this week

nick playing

alex
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
All week it seems that Surly Pump Monkey has suffered from neglect on my part. For this all that can be said is this: I've been busier than I ever expected to be. As has been mentioned before, there was some very late nights for this little monkey and most of them were work related. The funny thing is, not that many years ago it was a regular occurrence. A delivery shift at Brooklynn's could easily end a 2:30 am.

Last night American Relay played at Levelz. At some point before the show they asked if Sam and myself could work the door. Sure, why not. The only bummer would be missing part of their set. It turns out that was quite all right. Because through the window, I got to see a hippie fight and damn I wish I would have my camera at that moment. Two things, if it weren't for an interloper foot someone's head would have been smashed into the concrete and the fight was over a U2 CD.

Strolling to work the other morning I couldn't help to eavesdrop on a father yelling at his kid about having "half a bike...it's garbage you little shit!" True it was just a frame but I can just imagine what kind of plans that kid had for that frame. Way to crush your kid's dreams pops.

And today walking by the Silverthorne skatepark, a man was pulling a wagon with his child and a miniature poodle. The thing is the poodle was standing in front of the wagon with the little poodle butt right in the kids face. And not just once did this pass by but twice.

Damn I need to be writing this stuff down as it happens. Or at least taking pictures.

No comments: