Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Friends


hug
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
This photo has a backstory that I have no inclination to tell. It is after all someone else's business. Let's just say at the moment it was taken someone needed a hug and the support of his friends.

There are few friends that I hold close. Toes and fingers at the most. I'm not the greatest at maintain relationships friends or otherwise. Inattentiveness could be one word that would describe me. This is not intentional and I've tried to make an effort at being better about it. But sometimes you can just fall out of contact even if you live in the same town. There is also my problem of not confronting things when stuff gets weird, I have a tendency to ignore it or just drop out at that point. Nonconfrontion is a bit of an issue. Of course I could go into more detail but that is probably better in a therapy session or something.

The friends I do have are important and I hope they know it.

1 comment:

JackassJimmy said...

Even if you only chose to hang out once in a great while, or whenever you run into them, they know you appreciate them.

As a matter of fact, I am going back to therapy tomorrow. Now that I am no longer working at the bank, where I wanted to put a gun in my mouth every day, I think I can get to the real issues that are keeping me underground.

Good vibes coming your way,
JJ