Friday, July 01, 2005

Flashing Back

Tonight was spent importing several hours of The Orb onto my hardrive. For those of you who aren't familiar, The Orb is a trance group from England. My first exposure to them was when I was going to raves back in college. This kind of music sometimes still stirs a desire to take psychedelics, I haven't touched the stuff in years but trance has that appeal to this day. Not to date myself but when I was attending raves the drug of choice was still LSD. We had barely heard of Ecstacy, it was still considered an exotic drug and hard to come by (especially in Indiana). On the other hand as busy as the music is I find it is some of the best to listen to while trying to fall asleep. I suspect it is the mellow tempo.

I haven't been to a rave in close to fifteen years and every once in a while I wonder what they are like. Not only that but if I were to go to one would I be one of the oldest people there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man, worried bout u, seemed upset the last time i saw u.

who loves u guy??????

jw