Saturday, July 23, 2005

The moon, the moon, the moon


the moon, the moon, the moon
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Sometime very late last night I decide to bust out the tripod and try to get a decent photo of the moon. This is one of several that I took. And I think it came out ok. The moon was quite amazing last night. It didn't come out so well in the photo but there was a yellowish tint in the moon for the entire night.

It seems that the moon at times has some kind of power over me. Maybe it's the gravitational pull or perhaps it's the luminescence, I couldn't say. Seemingly this pull is more powerful during the full moon portion of the lunar cycle, which makes sense being that is when the moon is at it's brightest. This pull is more than a visual attraction. For me there is a physical compulsion to go outside and bathe in the moonlight and take pictures apparently. Many a full moon (or night after) there will be a camera and a tripod with me out in the moonlight. Just five minutes ago there was another camera, tripod and one night after full moon.

If it's night and clear, quickly go outside and look at the moon.

No comments: