Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Live

While I was listening to Bloc Party tonight, I decided to cruised over to their website to see if they may might be playing the States soon. Apparently, I missed every single one of their US dates but I was pleased to discover that NPR had made an entire concert available for downloading. For free no less (although if have a few bucks you should always donate to NPR). Sweet! It really isn't the best live recording I've ever heard and the guitar is a little muffled. On the other hand I am really happy to hear that when they play live, it sounds a lot like the album. To me, this means the album wasn't a lot of studio magic. I've been disappointed more than once by magical studio bands who just can't pull it off live. Now I know that the next time these guys hit the States, I am making an effort to see them. Check it out and if you like it, buy the album.

No comments: