Monday, July 04, 2005

History

It appears that there is a new movie coming out in the tradition of Dogtown and Z-boys. This time it is a history of BMX biking entitled Joe Kid on a Stingray The History of BMX. The preview seems pretty damn interesting and I definitely would like to see this flick. It looks pretty all encompassing from the beginning to now. Keep your eyes peeled.

On a somewhat related note, I really wished that I owned Fruit of the Vine which is another moment of history shot on film. It's about pool skating and is shot completely on Super-8 film. I've only seen it once but it is the flick that got me wanting to skate again (and I am one shitty skater). Like I told my brother, it is art and if you can find it watch it or buy it. Even if you've never put a foot on a skateboard it'll make you want to skate a little bit.

No comments: