Tuesday, July 19, 2005

One occupation I don't want

Once I entertained the idea of going to law school. For about five minutes. And after tonight, I'm glad I stopped considering it after those five minutes. At work we are doing this massive copying job for an party which will remain nameless. It's for an upcoming lawsuit and is a rather tedious job, these people never met a staple they didn't love but that's beside the point. Anyway we are basically copying anything for them that relates to the project in question. I wouldn't be surprised if we're close to ten thousand copies already. There are large boxes of the stuff. And the reading looks like the most drudgingly boring collection of material I've ever seen. Someone is going to spend the rest of the summer in a room with all of these boxes and quite likely it will be a lawyer. Now, I don't mind reading, in fact I enjoy it but that is not what I want to read. Ever. If that is what entails being a lawyer, no wonder they charge so much per hour. I'd probably want to off myself if I knew I wasn't getting paid enough to read through all of that stuff.

No comments: