Saturday, July 09, 2005

Life in the park

Why didn't the lifeguard save the drowning hippie? He was too far out, man.

Yeah, that's bad and there are some that are even worse. But I'll spare everyone.

Going outside to smoke has one disadvantage here where I live. There is this streetlight directly across the road that has this horrible buzz. Some of you may have heard this racket. The thing is, it's the only one streetlight in the trailer park (yep, I live in a trailer) that makes this sound, all of the others have the normal hum of a sodium light. There have been many nights of discussion of us just going out there and shooting out the cursed thing (and yes we are armed, so don't try any funny stuff). Currently the debate is about which weapon we should use. I say go for the .22, it's a hell of a lot quieter than a 12 gauge shotgun. And of course we missed out chance the other night on July 4th. No one would have had any idea that it was a .22 and some may have thanked us.

Speaking of the trailer park, the current manager seems to have a bit of Napoleon Complex. If fact I suspect he really wanted to be a cop st some point. Lately, we've seen him doing the figure eight loop thru the hood. And now we've received our second notice about upkeep, so now we have to hide the stuff in the backyard that can't be seen from the road and paint the deck/porch/steps. I realize that I live in the Valley of God's gift to Real Estate, but it's a trailer park for crying out loud. So now we're just thinking of the most garish color to paint the steps we can think of .

I guess it doesn't really apply to me as I don't own the place but still, I call overkill.

No comments: