Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A vast wasteland

Television at some point in 1961 was described as a "vast wasteland". And that was long before cable. It seems that the same phrase could apply to the Internet (don't get me wrong I actually like those sites). To find things of value one has to know where to look. Simple facts are easy to find but if you want something more obscure or even detailed you really have to refine a search. Google is great for what it does but when it comes down to narrowing a search to what you may be looking for, it does have it's limitations. Vivisimo has some potentional as it offers clustered (or grouped) results which can seem to help. I haven't played around with Vivisimo enough to really get a feel for it but I am going to add it to my list of search engines. Hopefully it can help me take the wastleland out of "vast wasteland".

No comments: