Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Crowds, no creamer and where?

Again I am finding myself irritated with our guests in town. I went to the grocery store last night and found hordes of them milling around, blocking the aisle with carts and generally being annoyances. Not only that, all of the half-n-half was gone. Either the store didn't stock enough or there are so many of them that it was all purchased. Or perhaps as Phrank suggested they were all making white Russians. Upon rising out of bed this morning I see that it is cloudy and gray, so there is no reason to brave the crowds on the hill.

I really try not to bitch and moan too much about our guests. None of us would be here in this town if it weren't for them. But there are times when it just seems really overwhelming. Yet another reason my desire to live in a city grows stronger the longer I stay here.

Lately, I've found myself a bit torn on the whole moving to a city thing. I definitely want out of here, it's too small and other than the mountain there isn't much for me to do. But which city is starting to become a quandary. Originally, it was going to be back to the midwest but I find myself wanting to stay in Colorado. I have spent over a decade here after all, it feels like home almost as much as Indiana. It's not like I have to make a decision anytime soon but I am left with things to think about.

Time to go to the salt mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should move to japan.

phrank

GCU of paradox said...

You know, I gave up cream in my coffee while co-habitating with you. I think I got sick of us running out occasionally, and I just forced myself to enjoy coffee without it. It's now 5 or so years later, and I still take my coffee black with sugar.

Anyway; I haven't met Phrank yet, but I like her already. She has you gushing and beaming so hard I can see the light all the way over here in CA. Keep up the good work, you two.