Thursday, December 08, 2005

Why I should stay away from pointy metal objects

This is one week that can't end soon enough. I've managed to rack up more injuries this week than the rest of the year combined and I'm losing a lot of blood. They've now made the hydraulic cutter safe for me again. Hopefully, I won't cut myself on that thing again. In addition to all of the bloodletting on the machinery at work, I almost tumbled down the stairs today. I really should have just stayed in bed this week. I've been banned from sharp and pointy objects until sometime next week, in fact anything made of metal is off limits to me. About the only thing left is for me to get my hand stuck in a copier, talk about a jam. Damn, I probably just jinxed myself.

I totally jumped the gun last night when I said it was officially freaking cold last night. Tonight is the official start of freaking cold. -23° tonight. Even those of you in the upper Midwest will admit that this is cold. I haven't left the house since I got home and there is no way I'm going outside tonight. Hell, I don't even want to go outside tomorrow.

Good thing I get a couple days off soon. Between the injuries and the cold I may just go crazy in a matter of days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you listening to appropriate music (tori amos, james hall, etc) during the bloodletting? i think it's your inner goth trying to get out. =) ahh, that would also explain the joy division!! keep to stay intact until at least after the weekend of the 17th!
amy

Anonymous said...

(i lack editing skill at 6am. poop.)

Anonymous said...

Several years ago I while using a flat razor to remove a particularly stubborn price sticker from a book (standard procedure), I slipped and sliced through my hand. Though I only ended up with 4 stitches, the drama was HUGE. Not only did I bleed everywhere and cause several members of the staff to rush me to the hospital, a few weeks later a new anti-razor policy was put into effect for the whole chain. We now use plastic scrapers.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Is it going to piss you off terribly if I tell you it was 75 degrees here today?
Stina

GCU of paradox said...

Wow. I guess what they say is actually true: Chicks dig scars! This post is rivaling any of your previous posts, with respect to number of comments; and all ladies too (myself excluded). Interesting replies there. Wendy probaly cost (and saved) the corporation millions.

Good job Monkey, I need to come up with a battle wound post now.