Saturday, December 10, 2005

Nervous energy with a touch of translucency

When I'm nervous I pick my fingernails. Looking at my fingernails, I must be nervous most of the time. It's a slow pick, I like letting them grow just a bit so I can pick at them some more. I'm quite efficient. In addition to picking them I like to feel how well I've done, which leads me to try to feel my work on other fingers or my lips. I'm beginning to thing it's a strange habit. I didn't even notice it until someone at work thought she busted me smelling my fingers. Of course, she has three kids so it makes sense.

If I were to describe myself, I wouldn't use the word nervous. There are some nervous habits I have, yes, but I don't see myself as a nervous person. Of course, I don't really have much of an idea of how I appear to other people, so what do I know. Rarely do I see people staring at me, so that could be a good sign. Either that or I have finally achieved my goal of invisibility (actually, there was one night that I disappeared for about a moment. I was sitting in the chair, in plain view and no one could find me).

Enough of that.

This week couldn't end sooner and I for one am damn glad it's over. Now I can play in the cold for the next couple of days. Sweet. Hopefully all I hurt is my pride up there.

No comments: