Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hero run, no more secrets and no nickname

Today, I almost went home after my first run on the mountain. Not because it sucked but because it was so close to perfect for me, I don't think I'll ever be able to duplicate it.

It's bigger than a bread box but I still don't know everything inside, which is a good thing. My secret, that is. Which I no longer have to keep a secret.

So...I've met someone. Technically we haven't met in person but after this weekend this will no longer be the case. This is exciting for me and I'm filled with a sense of warmth and happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. It's weird, emailing back in forth and phone calls reminds me of a more innocent time, like passing notes in class. But this time around the notes are a quite a bit more substantive and filled with more than could ever been put in a junior high note. I like this girl and it's been a long time since I've felt this way about someone. And yet I've never seen her other than pictures on a screen (of course the same is true for her) but her words have touched me and sparked my interest.

This modern world is something else. And that makes me happy right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but is she bigger than a breadbox? i was thinking of the nickname--roman meal? wait, that has a very different connotation that i intended. never mind.

amy

JackassJimmy said...

good for you man! you go with your badself and have a good time!

Cheers,
JJ