Monday, December 26, 2005

The day after...and it's snowing again.

Today was a general coming down day. I was so exhausted all day, I thought for sure I was going to pass out on the floor at work. Thanks to a constantly full coffee cup that didn't happen (although I'm beginning to be scared that I've been relying on coffee too much). Between staying up way too late last night and the drive, I'm not surprised too much by this tiredness.

Strangely, the drive back up here seems more draining than the on down to see Phrank. What makes it even stranger is that the drive down is far sketchier, conditions wise. I've seen some horrific accidents on the way down and the road conditions have either been snowy or icy. I'd guess that the anticipation of seeing her makes the drive down better. Whereas the drive back is a reminder of the time that is coming up.

Such is the nature of our relationship for the time being. Two days together followed by at least a week of distance. There are some benefits to the distance. It does help both of us falling into old, bad habits and mistakes. This doesn't change the fact that I miss her.

Phrank has noticed that we have already developed some routines. It's comforting in a way.

Time for this little money to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is this "relying too much on coffee"? i am not aware of this concept. enlighten me.

yes, routines are nice and comforting providing an odd sense of familiarity and predictability. very odd that after a lifetime of trying to cause as many waves as possible i crave the familiar now.

i am still awestruck at your willingness to make the drive. i'm not complaining...just terribly flattered.

phrank