Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Service Industry Kill Christmas

Sometimes I think a decade in the service industry has sapped any excitement I had over Christmas. Today was the craziest day I've seen at work. Packages stacked halfway to the balcony in the back room. Hordes of people, milling around, cutting in line and begging for help while the counter was three people deep. A lovely Monday.

Town is no longer soley ours. The guest have arrived in full force. I saw it coming as I was driving to the Front Range on Friday. Thankfully at the new place I rarely have to deal with them. Although I kind of miss the entertainment factor of the gas station. There was much more of a chance for a smartassed remark there. Especially during silly question time. I have heard the "when do deer turn to elk" question. The answer is sometime around September 20th. And the elevation is 8200 feet.

I always forget about how many people come here when they aren't here. Go figure.

Four more days. Or three.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the image of the lowly commoner begging three man deep. were they begging for mutton? oh wait, i am a lowly commoner. can i have some mutton?

thankfully the only place here that attracts the tourists is garden of the gods. however, as was noted, the questions one can overhear are priceless. "why'd they paint the rocks?"
amy