Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Staying up late listening to Sonic Youth

Curses! Somehow I've managed to get myself back to staying up way too late. Tonight I'm going to blame it on the headphones. I just want to stay up and listen to music.

Tonight it dawned on me that part of the reason I am so utterly clueless when it comes to dating is that I spent almost all of my twenties in this same town. When I first arrived here at the age of 22 (cripes, eleven years), dating wasn't even an option for guys in this town. You pretty much had to go with the first girl that paid any attention to you because there just weren't that many females around. That's if one were to pay attention to you in the first place. Something makes me think this doesn't really allow for really getting to know someone.

Now being in my thirties and trying to figure out what this whole dating thing is, I find I have a bit of a disadvantage. I don't know what I'm doing at all.

I'm beginning to think there are quite a few of us in the same place. We got here in different ways but we're here now. And while we stumble around trying to figure it out we just happen to bump into someone who seems like they may be a good match.

I don't know if I'll ever really get it but maybe that's how it works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you imply that steamboat springs is essentially a skinner box for generation x men. so, can these implied boxes be unlocked?
amy elisabeth