Wednesday, December 21, 2005

White Christmas or why I'm ready to leave again

Everytime I go outside, I can't believe just how much snow is out there. I haven't seen it like this in years. Hell, I've never seen this much snow this time of year. The temperature finally broke today, it was damn warm. The snow is quickly turning to slush. I'd like to say that I know what it's like on the mountain but I haven't been up in days. I find that this is the week I usually skip, due to the crowds. It's just kind of pointless, like driving in Denver. And it will totally mellow out next week.

Making it through this week is key, I can't let the people get to me (who am I kidding they already have). But I get to spend Christmas with Phrank and that's freaking cool. For the first time in years I don't have to work over Christmas and I get to spend it with someone who I'm really into. Lucky me!

One of the few people in this town who just really get under my skin came in today. She's one of those people who seems to have money but it's just because her mother married into it. And yet she sort of flaunts it. But that's not completely why she grates on me. Part of it may be what I've seen of her outside of work. She talks way too much about things that aren't a part of any conversation. And the stupid Santa hat and Gucci sunglasses on a cloudy day may have something to do with it too. Or perhaps I'm just a shallow ass.

What do I care? I'm just ready for Friday to get here.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I agree - anyone wearing sunglasses just to be seen wearing sunglasses is annoying.

Anonymous said...

maybe she's just nurturing her inner corey hart.

amy