Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Books...unread

Well, I were feeling a little smarter I'd mention something about how it looks like the Republicans are starting to crack. But I'm not feeling so smart tonight. Or at least not enough to think about politics.

Actually, I haven't been feeling very smart lately. I might read more books if it weren't for Wikipedia and the like. I can't remember the last time I finished a book. But I've still been reading, just not words from a page. Or it could be that I haven't picked up anything new in a long time other than some kind of reference book. Maybe I should start reading books again.

There was a time, not that many years ago, that I devoured books. Sometimes I'd finish three in a week. I'd be lucky to finish one in three weeks now. Although, once I get into one, I'll generally finish it. Not always though, I've tried to read Catch 22 three times and only finished it once. Now that I think about it I have a decent list of books I've started and never finished. Hmmm...maybe I just lied. Maybe I don't finish as many as I think.

I'm beginning to wonder if I need to turn this damn computer off once and awhile. That could be a whole different post.

No comments: