Monday, November 07, 2005

mix it up

Sometimes I try to design things for print. Generally flyers and business cards (I've been working on the Surly Pump Monkey card for months). Today I tried my hand at a CD insert. A simple one but it was still a challenge. Most of it is just learning software I think. And figuring out how to get the damn thing to print right. I like trying though and everytime I finish something it gives me ideas for the next time. If there is a goal in mind I find that my time spent in front of the computer is a lot more productive.

Strangely, for the first time in many years I'm feeling the need to be more productive. There is this urge to create things, whether it's mixed CDs or some kind of photo thing. I just have the itch to do something. It's about the time that I start wishing that I had some kind of musical talent other than the same beat that I tap out with my knuckles.

I've always been one that believed that I have some kind of creativity, I just don't know what the medium is yet. This here Internet thing is something, between this place and posting some photos over at Flickr it seems to be a start.

Anyway it's late and I should go to bed but that's just a suggestion.

No comments: