Monday, November 07, 2005

Losing track of nostalgia

Today over at myspace I got an invite to join a group for alumni of my high school. After looking around that group I think I'm going to pass joining it. When people are posting topics about what they miss about high school I think I should just stay away. High school is something I don't miss. It wasn't really miserable but it wasn't really the peak of my life (hopefully I haven't hit that yet). The truth is there are probably less than ten people I graduated with that even wonder what the hell happened to them. And two of them I already know.

Since high school, I've met a lot of people over the years. And many of those are the ones that I am the most curious about. People who left to do things, people who have just disappeared out of my life. Or I disappeared. In years past I had a tendency to drop off the face of the earth (although it seems you can find my imprint here, now). Also, I'm not always the best at keeping in touch, even with the Internet. It seems that I'm really good at losing track of people. I really have know idea where any of the people I knew when I first moved to Colorado are anymore other than maybe one who stayed in Boulder. I figure I'll just run into them randomly if they are still in the state. That's how it seems to happen with me.

The flipside of this is that many of the people who I lost track of and wondered where they were came out of the wood work in the space of months over at myspace. And hopefully I'll see a few of them when I'm home for Thanksgiving.

Now I really am going to bed.

No comments: