Tuesday, November 08, 2005

No umlats for me.

One of the ways I can tell I am getting older is the release dates on my albums (and the fact that I still call them albums). It seems that many of the records that I consider my favorite are over ten years old. I do find myself listening to more and more stuff that isn't really that new. Much of it is stuff that I missed the first time around. I guess it could just be a matter of filling in the gaps.

That's not to say all, there are some that were released within the last months and year that are quickly moving up my internal chart of all time greatest albums. Thank god for Internet radio, my friends and family, I'd be so behind without them.

At this moment I'm listening to "Scream, Dracula, Scream" by Rocket from the Crypt which came out in '95. And it still rocks. It should have changed the face of rock. I can't decide if I'm in rock mode or not these days. I go back and forth between rock and the softer side. It's all still indie, hip-hop an smatterings of jazz and country. Maybe it's the thought of the upcoming snowboarding season and I'm starting to get myself pumped up. Riding does go better with rock (and hip-hop).

Of course I get a real rock-n-roll treat this coming weekend. I get to see the Supersuckers in Denver. Sweet! And I get the eff out of this godforsaken hellhole of a town for most of a weekend. I just hope I don't get an elbow in the chest again. That hurt for almost a week. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? You don't listen to reggae?