Thursday, November 17, 2005

A new life?

All of a sudden it hit me. I need a life. Sitting here lurking around on the Internet isn't much of a life. Of course the ten to fifteen of you may enjoy my semi-coherent, drunken ramblings but I probably should have more going on than just this. Actually, I bet I'd be more interesting if I had more going on (of course, then I would probably be sworn to secrecy...like the other night...).

Maybe poverty or low grade depression that keeps me inside the house all night. Or perhaps this town is just to small and not enough is happening. But I suspect I wouldn't be that much more adventurous even if I lived in Denver where there is stuff going on all the time, compared to here.

It probably all goes back to the whole shyness thing. Or maybe it's just that I find negotiating the bar scene tedious and an exercise in futility. I want other options, dammit. Like a board game night or even ballroom dancing lessons. Something other than the same swill every night.

Maybe I need to be looking harder. I must be missing something. Sorry to complain so much.

2 comments:

JackassJimmy said...

I feel you on the not having a life tip, but part of me thinks that the majority of people are into some really mundane shit.

I wouuld love a board game night too but I guess swilling miller light and talking about sports or sex in the city is better than stimulating each other intellectually.

Oh yeah...and I brought the post thunder.

Cheers,
JJ

Anonymous said...

I was trying to get my roommate to help me host an arts and crafts night at our place... complete with Elmers glue, macaroni and construction paper. But after running the idea past a few women at our local watering hole, it was determined that arts and crafts night was just... well... gay.