Saturday, November 05, 2005

New stuff

I've got way too much new (to me) music to go through. I got the a package from my brother that had more than enough to catch up with, not to mention the stuff that Dr. Caddel on Safari dropped on me not to long ago. I can't even sort it out. Right now I'm listening to Big Business which is by far the heaviest of anything I've got my grubby hands on recently. Even heavier than the Jello & Melvins album (of course that's just my opinion). Heavy can be good depending on the dosage.

But the real gem in what I've been given is the Calexico/Iron & Wine album "In the Reins". Not heavy at all. Mellow and amazing is what I think I would call it. It's a master work of where this whole softer side of the indie world is heading. This could be one of those albums that will be looked over now but years down the line will be recognized for the great work that it is. In some form this is album is the culmitation of American Music. It has dinge and twang but a feel that is just calming for the most part. An amazing piece of work.

Not to mention that I'm just now starting to get into Yo La Tengo! How the hell did I miss them after all of these years?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how did you miss Yo La Tengo for this long? I am disappointed with you Keith...Hope all is well--Steve