Friday, November 11, 2005

Winter approaching

Well at least my car is ready for winter. This will be the first winter in close to fifteen years I've driven a front wheel drive care in the winter. The first car I ever purchased was a 1981 Honda Civic (babypoop brown) with bald tires. Right before winter. I never went off the road and only got stuck once, not bad for being in the Midwest.

This time around I have Blizzaks(snow tires) that came with the car and I'm pretty excited to use them. I may have to leave the valley just to try them out. Not to mention riding on some other mountains.

I'm starting anticpate winter more and more. The time to snowboard is quickly approaching and I can barely wait. Thankfully, I don't think about it too much in the summer. Hopefully I will have a good schedule that will allow me some good days on the hill.

What strikes me as odd is that my outlook changes by the season. As long as I live here winter is the time I look foward to. The snow washes everything else away. All of the internal monologue, all of the worry, all of the fear; it all disappears when I am strapped onto that snowboard and am pointing down the hill or riding through the trees. Well maybe not all of the fear, there are a some cliffs I won't drop off.

The truth is, I am so ready for the snow to start falling it's not even funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith--I come here often to kill time at work...I enjoy reading all your ramblings...hope all is well...talk to you soon.---steve

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you're inspiring me to strap on my boards and attempt to keep up with you out there!

It's wonderful that snowboarding offers that therapy for you - many people have no such lifestyle outlet.