Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ghosts of youth

pigs
sadir
carrie bass
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Once again there were some awesome costumes this year. This town really gets into Halloween. I love seeing it even though I don't really dressup that much. So fake blood and make up to make it look like I got beat up, thank you (although I can give myself a fairly convincing black eye). Some folks though, just go crazy with it and come up with some awesome stuff. One of these days maybe.

So now it's back to the grind and for me to get back on track for my silly little projects. The show needs to be planned and I need to talk to some more people that have done this kind of thing before. It still seems a little absurd for me to even be thinking about putting together a photo show but what the hell. I've got thousands of photos, I might as well do something with them. It'll be an experience if nothing else.

I'm just scared that I'll talk myself out of it. I have a bad habit of starting things and never finishing them. There is nice case of self-doubt that courses through my brain. The whole self-esteem thing eludes me most of the time. It's a hard thing to rise above sometimes, I know where it comes from but doing something about it is a whole another story. What's even sadder is that I know that I have skills in certain areas but I still doubt myself. Stupid nature and nuture.

Whatever. I'll force myself into uncomfortable situations that will make me better after I'm on the other side. And when it's over, I'll think to myself that there is no reason I should have done it. It wouldn't be the first time.

No comments: