Sunday, November 27, 2005

The City

What a whirlwind this trip has been, I've tried to compress in five days what I really need two weeks to do. I'm not even scratching the surface of seeing all the people and places I want to see while I'm here. That's OK, there will be other times to for that.

Once again, I get the same feeling I had last time I was here, I want to live in a city again. And Indy is just as good as any city I could live in. The only thing it's really missing is the proximity to the mountains. Which I guess Denver could provide but I don't have family in Denver. Of course, there is the nonbiological family back in Steamboat but most of them understand my desire to leave. There are people in Steamboat that I consider family but I am so lonely there. Now it could be the lack of any kind of relationship (excluding friends) that makes me feel so lonely. But I can tell that moving to a city I might be able to overcome that hurdle. There are options in the city. And females that might even pay attention to me in ways that don't end up being just friends (see the rant from earlier).

Whatever, I'm heading back in a couple of days and the mountain will be open. I put my desire to not be alone on the back burner for awhile once I start snowboarding. Or so I hope.

No comments: