Monday, August 29, 2005

Ah...the weekend

It seems I was busy this weekend but the truth is that I did very little. Friday night was the big night, with The Local benefit party and all. Blessedly I made home safely (once again with the help of my trusty steed) and then paid for it the entire next day. Never again will I put gin into my system. Slowly I am recognizing there are a few things I just can't ingest. Apparently gin is one of them. Saturday ended up being a complete wash, I really did nothing.

Today though I felt fine, slept late, felt rested. Went to brunch with some friends and then decided to go to Silverthorne and skate. It had been a while but whatever. The thing is, I felt fairly on even though my body and the sun were conspiring against me. As soon as I started skating I got a headache and a stomachache. Damn, a double attack. But I just kept going. It was a cool day, for a while it was just me and one other guy with the park to ourselves. Then a family showed up. But every member of this family skated and skated well. Mom, Dad and the two kids. All ripping it. It was a sight to behold. Watching the mom helped clue me in to some newer lines for me to try and it seemed to pay off. As some of you know, I am a crappy skater but I do enjoy it and at least in Silverthorne no one makes fun of me.

2 comments:

GCU of paradox said...

Never say never. There will be one beautiful summer afternoon sometime in the future when someone will offer you a cool, crisp gin and tonic. You will gladly accept and enjoy.

I think it may be official, your trusty steed's name is "Trusty Steed". No need to be jealous of the Surly Mayfly anymore.

JackassJimmy said...

After many years of going, "Hard drinkin' with Mr. Abraham Lincoln" Jackass is not stranger to wearing his drinking uniform and has danced with the devil on several occassions and can base his opinion on gin in research.

While Bombay Sapphire is not completely repulsive, I have grown tired of getting gin drunk and waking up sore and needing a tetnus shot cause I tried to fuck a Pontiac the night before.

Like I said...only if you are into the Devil's dick.

Cheers,
JJ