Thursday, August 04, 2005

Rain Wash

Tonight it rained, for a while even heavily. This is a good thing as it's been trying to rain all day. It may have mentioned here before but rainstorms are one thing that I miss. It seems that it rarely rains here (especially in the last so many years of drought) but this current summer seems to be wetter (except for July).

There are certain types of imagery that I associate with rain. Depending on how the rain is falling and where I'm standing determines which images appear. Tonight's storm felt like it was washing away things. Which things, I'm not sure but washing away nonetheless. There seems to be a cleansing power to rain and it seems tonight there may have been a strong cleansing. Not only that but hopefully it washed all of that sap off of my windshield.

No comments: