Sunday, August 21, 2005

The night life

I'm attempting to sit here and watch the White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights DVD. But every couple of seconds I want to just jump around with my fists in the air. Holy Geez! I think I'm in love with Meg White. Dr. Caddell loaned me this disc and I've been putting it off. Now I just wonder if there is a way that I can copy the audio of this thing. Damn, it's like Led Zepplin for the 00's with no bass player no less. And no Stairway to Heaven type ballads. I need to go see these peeps live methinks.

Beyond that I'm beginning to wonder if my disinterest in the opposite sex is actually working to my advantage. As all of you regular readers know, I've completely given up but the last couple of nights have been surprisingly active. Hell, I ended up getting a digit or two tonight and that never happens to the Surly Monkey. I couldn't do that if I tried and truth be told I didn't. It's a fact that I'm so beyond trying that you can make all the jokes you want and it doesn't even phase me. I guess the true test is if I actually call those numbers. Seemingly taking advantage of those numbers takes some form of courage and who know if the monkey has what it takes. Of course, after the call would be the point that money comes into play. And the truth is that this monkey just wants to settle his debts and blow this popsicle stand of a town.

No comments: