Thursday, August 25, 2005

Maybe it is a cure

After a couple of Hot Toddies and whiskeys I feel better than I have in the last few days. Now if I could only type. Yet I still have to go to the dark room again tonight. Sam and I are going to replace every outlet on that circuit this weekend in the hope that it will fix the problem.

I managed to screw a couple of things up at work while I was sick. I guess that comes with the territory, I probably should have just gone home but I need the hours. I'm not to the point where I can just skip out on work anytime I feel sick. It is weird to finally have a job where that is actually an option. For the last ten years I've just gone to work no matter how crappy I felt. I can't even imagine not going to work just because I'm feeling a little sick. Hell, at the last jobs I've puked at work and it wasn't drinking related (and I don't puke that often when I drink).

Tonight was Juli's birthday so we went out. If it wasn't because of that I would have stayed in. It was good to get out, though. I had a few good conversations and saw the town freak who weirds me out everytime I see him. Ever since he tried to steal my camera I've been a little leery around him (I think he may be a fugitive or a total mental case). He's one of those guys that always comes up and tries to get in between you and whoever you're talking to and then slinks away when you ignore him. If he wasn't such a creep I would possibly be inclined to talked to him but his creepiness is full on. To the point where no one will talk to him anymore because they've all been weirded out by him.

Time for bed, I hope.

No comments: