Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sickness and dreams

I hate the feeling of starting to feel sick. At some point today I started feeling it in the throat and as the day progessed I could feel it creeping up on me. Hopefully this is just one of those 24 hour things. I should have known last night when I kept waking up every hour or so that something was going on.

The strange thing about last night was that everytime I would fall back asleep I would go back to the same dream. Of course, I don't remember the details other than a few. Such as everyone except one woman were people I knew. Not only that but this unknown female was rather clear. Most of the time when I dream and there are unfamiliar people they are a bit fuzzy. But last night this woman was clear, if I could draw I think I might be able to draw her with a fair amount of detail. And she even had a name that I still remember. It's a little freaky for me as I generally don't even remember fragments of dreams.

I don't know what this dream could mean. There was no discernible plot to it and if there was it has long been forgotten to the rythymn's of wakefulness. And I really don't put much stock in the idea that dreams are a predictor of anything other than maybe mental state. The idea that dreams are hints to the future seems rather farfetched to me.

What I do know is that I don't want to be sick and I want the power restored in my room at night so I can listen to music.

No comments: