Friday, August 12, 2005

Internet Rumors

Apparently, yesterday the blog portion of the Internet was abuzz with rumors that Dear Leader and a host of administration officials were indicted in relation to lies leading up to the war in Iraq. It seems that this article from Artic Beacon was the starting point for the rumor. Interestingly enough the same site has another piece claiming that Justice John Paul Stevens is in Chicago trying to prevent a catastrophe in the making.

Oh, if this were only true! I've longed to see a Bush indicted (or impeached) along with most of the current administration. In private conversations for some years now I've expressed the view that I see parallels to fascist movements inside this administration. The ties to the corporate world, the rise of nationalist inspired propaganda, the creeping reduction of civil liberties and the attacks on dissenters all smell of a sneaking form of fascism to me. And I use the word fascism carefully. Unlike many out there I will not compare these guys to the Nazis.

I guess we'll see if there really is an article in Newsweek on Monday.

No comments: