Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Time Flies

It finally happened. I should have had in inkling of it when I was in Indy this spring with the random encounters with a couple of Ball State refugees I had. But this week over at myspace.com people from my past (Ball State) came crawling out of the woodwork. Over the years I had it in my head I would just randomly run into a few in the realworld but this is mindblowing to me. After almost fifteen years all of a sudden there they are, all over the Internet, scattered throughout the country (and yet clustered in the midwest). Admittedly, we all were using the Internet before the Web so it is only fitting that this is the way we find each other. VAX/VMS. And the more skilled (not me, I tried) were using the UNIX system. What's next, everyone I knew in Boulder? Everyone that ever left Steamboat?

What gets me is that even though it's been so long, in the photos we still look pretty much the same. Obviously we are older but the look the same none the less.

I try not to dwell on the past but this time I'm going to revel in what clear memories I have left of those times. Thankfully, the music from that time still brings some of those memories back. Either that or it's just a new chapter with old friends.

No comments: