Friday, August 12, 2005

Go to bed.

There was a time when I could stay up as late as I do and never seem tired. Seemingly, I rarely go bed before 3 am. I don't really want to stay up that late I just do. You know what I do while staying up that late? Not much. Some nights I'll find a theme and follow with a whole night of Internet research. Or listen to tunes, watch a movie and maybe watch some tv. Although the nights learning about a topic can be cool but that's just because I'm a dork and like learning more trivia.

I've often wondered what why it is I stay up late. My mother is a bit of a night owl and I think my sister is as well (are you?). Of course, my father goes to bed super early so it's probably not genetics. My best guess is that it is from years of working until late in the evening or early in the morning. And there is still no real reason to reset my rhythms. I could easily sleep later that I do and make it to work on time.

The beers and other drinks probably don't help matters. Alcohol is a depressant but the sugars in booze can keep one up.

Damn, I think I'm getting tired finally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed up late too - and I have to work today! I was checking out Dilbert cartoons on the Internet. If that's not dorky, what is? I think the best thing about staying up late is that there's no one else around, and it feels like you've got the whole world to yourself. At least, that's how it felt riding my bike home without a soul on the street (except the local cop brigade).

Anonymous said...

i used to be a hardcore insomniac, but now because of my new job (going to work at 4-5 a.m.) all i want to do anymore is sleep.

i get paid on thursday, we should go out and upset women.

joe