Saturday, August 20, 2005

Dark ages

Sometimes modern technology is just as much of a curse as a it is a blessing. Last night when I was getting ready to go to bed I went to turn on the lamp by my bed and the whole circuit went dead. Fine, it happened before and came on later which it did. But then this morning I turned on the TV to play some Playstation and it knocked out the circuit again. That was seven hours ago and it's still not back on. Damn. Now I have to scurry around before dark and get everything in it's place. Hopefully it's something simple like a crossed wire in an outlet. But it is a bit inconvenient.

Not only that but the other computer in the house doesn't want turn on properly. The hardrive will fire up but not the display. It's one of those early generation iMac (clamshell blue) G3. A fine computer but a little old. My guess is there is some kind of loose connection but what do I know?

Maybe there is something to this full moon thing after all.

No comments: