Friday, August 26, 2005

Waxing (but not my snowboard)

I'm having one of those nostalgic moments tonight where I want to have a big party that everyone of my friends from the past and present are in attendance. It would be interesting to see my various worlds collide. I'd be curious to see how the people from my past would react to my friends here in Steamboat. Actually I think most everyone would get along wonderfully as I've always had friends of a high caliber (or at least I like to think so). I'm sure there would be some interesting coincidences and conversations. I'd need a really big place I suspect and some format that could cross all of the lines.

What really got me started on this I think was the creation of the Crankpin page over at myspace. Crankpin was a band that existed during the years I was in college (in Muncie, Indiana) and they definitely provided a considerable part of the soundtrack for those years. When I saw the bulletin announcing the page I was taken back almost fifteen years. Taken back to nights of shows at the Flying Tomato, to basements listening to bands that are now legendary in some circles and coming home to listen to Crankpin practicing in the living room on occasion.

And it seems this is the year that people that I knew from those days are resurfacing. Or at least I have some kind of digital connection to them now (mostly through myspace). It's good to reestablish old connections, it was really cool to do that when I was Indy last time (and doing in realspace as opposed to online, was awesome). Now if I could only find some of those people from my Boulder days.

Damn, maybe I could get Crankpin to play at my party.

No comments: