Saturday, August 06, 2005

Bachlorette separatists

Wow, the term "Lesbian Separatist" came up in conversation tonight. This makes me laugh because a couple of months I was researching this same topic as possible post material but gave up because it just seemed like so much and so involved. Truth be told I probably abandoned it in favor of some kind drunken ramblings as I am prone to do. The whole concept is foreign to me and that's ok, the only part that offends me is the whole "men are mutants" thing. Which as far as I can tell means I am a rapist just because I was born with a penis. Thanks.

Of course this is the kind of thing that can come up when you spend the night bar hopping and looking for Guinness at every bar you go to (amazingly, there are a nice handful here). Dr. Caddell and I spent the night doing that. I must say he has this great no fear way when it come to talking to people (especially those of the opposite sex (what are you doing saying that after that kind of lead-in, jackass?)). It worked at one point but it turned out to be a bachlorette party with one single woman left. I've never seen that many married women at a bachlorette party ever. But there was a self-described subclick(que?) of smokers that begged me for smokes and then wanted to hide while smoking. That was quite entertaining, and well worth the price of a few cigarettes.

Coincidentally, several of them were originally from Indiana including one who started at Ball State the year I dropped out. Hmmm.

1 comment:

GCU of paradox said...

The hope of your town lies in Polyamory. I've only just heard of it, but it sounds alright. Check it out...