Friday, September 23, 2005

Dork and proud

It seems I'm descending deeper and deeper into dorkdom and I don't even care. The sad thing is, this time I am dragging others down with me. Lately, I've been IMing a young lady who I know from many years ago. Clearly she was never quite the dork I was but if she is not careful she could slowly catch up. I'm under the impression that IM is generally for dorks but the thing is quite enjoy our chats.

All my life, I've always been a bit of a dork. When I was a kid, I was much more inclined to be inside reading than outside playing and even when I went outside invariably I'd have a book in hand. Once I discovered computers, video games and the Internet it was all over.

Being an early user of the Internet (and this was before the WWW, kiddies) didn't help much. Ever since then I've felt lost when I've gone for more than a few days without access to the Internet. Which is a little disturbing in a way, especially because anymore I can't imagine life without being connected.

The thing is I've never denied my dorkiness, I know I've been one for a long time. It's not a horrible thing. I have a wide command of useless trivia floating around in my puny brain and when I get the chance to play trivia games I do pretty well. The sad thing is when I drag other people into the circle of dorkiness.

No comments: