Friday, September 23, 2005

Home for a Holiday (80% chance)

For the first time in over ten years I have a job that I usually get weekends off. Not that it matters so much in a town like this but all the same it is weird. That today is actually Thursday (well Friday now) and it is my Thursday is still a bit strange to me. I think I work for some cool people.

Another reason that I think I work for some cool people is that today I asked if it would be possible for me to go back to Indiana for Thanksgiving (being that it's been 10 years at least since I've been able to go home for a holiday). Not only did my boss say yes, she also said "I think you should go". How cool is that? So as long as I can score a plane ticket I will actually be able to see my family for Thanksgiving Day. And some friends while I'm there as well. I'm pretty excited at the prospect.

In the years that I've lived here, going home for a holiday has always been out of the question. Either because I was working in food service or where I worked was inadequately staffed. The place I work now is still part of the service industry but is pretty much fully staffed. Or at least staffed enough for me to finally get away for a holiday.

It'll be good to be back there for this holiday. Have I've said here before, I miss my family more and more. Especially my brother and sister. Today I was able to tell both of them and they both seemed pretty stoked.

If I were savvy and silly enough I'd set up a "Send Me Home for Thanksgiving" tip jar. But I'm not so I won't.

No comments: