Friday, September 30, 2005

Years and yeahs.

One thing that I try not to do is live in the past but I find that my past catches up to me. And I don't really mind it when it happens. The thing is, those glory days are still to this day ahead of me. I've had wonderful times as well as sad times, and my friends remind me of the good times and don't let me forget the bad. It's funny, at the times I thinks I've screwed up the most, good friends find me and remind me of what is real. As you may know, I live inside my head a little too much and these kids pull me out of it (kids in the positive sense). This isn't living in the past, this is being reminded of the present. My boys and girls from whatever in my life point me straight when I've crossed a line. And I need that. I'm not always the most observant person on the face of the planet as much as I'd like to believe.

Someday I want to have a gathering for everyone I've ever know. I want DJ Paradox, Crankpin, The Plagiarists, American Relay, DJ Also Starring and FON/Fire Hydrant Man/National Trust to play this thing. Of course this is totally unrealistic but I want to see all parts of my world collide. As I age, I have so many years of great friends and history that I'd like to see it all in one room. I have this feeling all of these people would mesh really well.

I've been freakin' lucky to have these people in my life. I don't even know how it is we've came to meet. Divine intervention? Coincidence? Whatever, I'm one lucky Surly Monkey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

win the lottery and they party is on!