Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ramble on and on

Man, once again it seems that I'm out of touch with what is going on in the outside world. This is what happens when I don't spend hours at a time glued to the Internet. Of course, it is September which is generally a slow news month other than the normal death and mayhem that happens every day. Oh yeah, I guess we have a war going on but at this point what can I say? I'll leave that topic for the political blogs.

I seem to have no real focus these days. As much as I'm looking forward to winter and snowboarding it doesn't seem to be enough this year. And I think this may be the first time I've ever felt like that. It has to be a yet another sign that I'm really to give up this place. I'm not really sad about it either, the prospect of leaving is actually exciting. I know I've left before but it wasn't very long and not totally my choice (not that I regret my stay in Ft. Collins, far from it. I met some really cool people.). But the next time I leave is because I'm choosing to.

I'm jumping all over the place here. Like I said, I seem to have a lack of focus lately.

Maybe it's just this time of year. Autumn (or the mountain's version of it) seems to be a time when one can take a step back and reflect. Maybe that's what I'm doing. The strange thing is this is usually the only part of the year I get homesick but this whole past summer I've longed to be back in Indiana. Lord only knows why, it would be almost like starting over when I do go back. But this time of year there is the scents and colors that make fall truly fall.

Wow, I totally just rambled my way through this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If that's the case, then I'd say ramble through all of 'em!