Thursday, September 08, 2005

So it'll all be mud

samlevelz

tecata

nicklevelz1
Originally uploaded by surly monkey.
Well, I may be slow but here are some photos from the previous weekend. Just in time for the upcoming weekend! Of course, other than the photos I think I said everything I wanted to about that weekend earlier this week.

I feel myself slacking this week, it could just be because the pace here in town has slowed down a bit. Gone are the hordes of softball team attired tourists and their soap painted windows. The kids are back in school so the streets and sidewalks seem a touch less crowded (although I could pull the old "I remember when..."). Actually the streets don't seem that less crowded during the day, it's the evening where you can really notice it.

In not too many days there will be snow on the ground one morning when I wake up. As this could easily be my last winter here I need to take advantage of it as much as I can. I'm looking forward to it whatever the case.

For the next few weeks I'm going to just enjoy the slowed down pace. Yeah, I know that the pace here is always slow compared to almost any city but at least cities seem to flow better with a faster pace. I could complain about how this town isn't really built for all of these people and their cars (actually it's all the cars that bother me so much) but in fact there is plenty of empty beds for them. And really without them none of us would be here. So as long as they stay away for a few seeks or months I'm OK with that.

No comments: