Monday, September 12, 2005

Sunday

Earlier last week I made a quiet promise to myself that I would keep it mellow for the next few weeks or so. Damn am I good at lying to myself. Of course it was nothing like last weekend. There was no rock star behavior or associated baccanalia. Although there were spirits consumed, the amount was nothing like recent memory.

There was an employee party over the weekend and I was able to make today's portion of the festivities. The party itself started sometime last night but I wasn't able to go. Today was enough of an adventure for me. It all started off with the pineapple. From there it was just pure entertainment. We set off on a pontoon boat ride around the lake with an eventual goal of finding the cows and making fun of them. You know, because they are cows and all. After the pineapple was emptied is when are trip took on shades of the USS Minnow. The first sign was when the boat did a bit of a nose dive (if pontoon boats can do that) and we took on water. Thankfully it all drained. Then John (the shipping guy and The Man) ran out of fishing line, it flew right off the spool. But the real incident is when the boat ran out of gas. Now the prospect of getting stranded on a lake in a boat with no gas might be disturbing to some but it seems we just laughed at it. Long story short, after floating, getting tugged around the island by some crew members we finally got gas and headed back to shore. What fun!

Anyway I'm just ready to sleep now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. The whole event took a turn when the pineapple was emptied - like The Brady Bunch when Greg went surfing with that voodoo thing and he crashed. Thank God John was on board and volunteered for the away team by boarding the alien ship in search of fuel. I like how you mentioned that getting stranded would be stressful for some people, but we just laughed about it. Good times!