Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Jerk (am I?)

I'm kind of a bastard. I think have been leading someone on, thankfully she doesn't live here. It all started with a crack about meeting somewhere in the desert and seemingly snowballed (snowballs in the desert?) from there. I guess at the time I meant it but now I'm not so sure. I'd rather go back home than to the desert.

Last night I got a couple of strange, pathetic (in the sad sense, not lame) voice mails on my phone. A portion of today was spent figuring out how to react to them and I'm still at a loss. As flattering as getting drunk dialed is, from far away just isn't that effective. It's just going to suck having to let someone down and bail out.

The thing is, it just comes down to conversation. Or flowing conversations that is. With the person on the other end of the VMs, I just don't feel it. It's just never really clicked for me. Not to say anything bad about her but for me it's just not there. Maybe it's the drunk thing but I'm not sure.

Jeez, I think I'm an ass.

3 comments:

GCU of paradox said...

Yep, you can pull out the question mark.

After all of those lone-liality posts you've put up here, you get no sympathy for not being receptive to a booty call. Never lead them on unless you have the intention to follow through with it; trix are for kids, silly rabbit. It may not be magical or everlasting, but it at least promises to be fun.

I'm just kidding (sort of?). Where was the redevous to take place? Maybe you need to hop a plane for a weekend and go have some fun. Breathe a little life back into you. Perhaps you need to be reminded of (or shown for the first time) just how much fun one of those trysts that develops out of long-distance flirting can be.

I just realized I'm making the assumption this is someone with whom you have not had relations before. If that's not the case, ditch everything I just said.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I totally don't think you're a jerk. You're being straight up where other guys would try to play some made-up mojo.

You got to lead ladies on a little bit to get a close enough look at 'em to see if they're worth your while. To string them on after you've decided - that's a little hokey.

To let a lady know the real, that's the move of a power dude.

Anonymous said...

oops. sorry about that. i feel dumb now.