Monday, September 05, 2005

Rock-n-Roll Weekend

Wow. What a weekend, I think past weekend would go into the rock-n-roll weekend category. Sheesh. I just hope I didn't reset my sleep schedule again. I guess tonight will me the night I find out. I didn't even get home until six in the morning one night. I'll just thankful Trusty Stead came through for me once again. I'll have a few photos up as the next few days go on.

It was a night and a day of rock-n-roll show and way to much alcohol. Saturday night was The Plagiarists and American Relay along with DJ Also Starring. Quite fun and there was much (perhaps too much) flowing of the spirits. After the show Trusty Stead and I rode down to a party where Battleship had their debut, of which I seem to be a part of. As the singer. Thank god for distortion pedals and the like. I couldn't even tell you how long we played for and at some point I switched over to playing guitar. What you need to know here is that I have no idea how to play guitar (or any instrument for that matter) so once again delay and distortion pedals came in quite handy.

Sunday was the Labor Day festivies in Oak Creek (a nearby town). Again The Plagiarists and American Relay played. I have to say that both bands sounded a lot better at this performance. Maybe it was the fact that the vocals weren't muffled but I think there was more to it than that. Both bands were just on.

After returning to Steamboat and resting it was time to go and try and win the PBR cruiser that Mazolla's was giving away. None of us won but it was still fun none the less.

Today I did nothing but drink coffee and eat sporadically. Dang, I needed to do laundry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BATTLESHIP!