Sunday, September 18, 2005

Laundry Hell

One of the other disadvantages of the power loss in our house is that the washer and dryer are on one of the dead circuits. Which means until those circuits are restored it's off to the Laundromat. I really don't like going to the Laundromat and this weekend it was especially hellacious. In fact I ended up at two. The one at Central Park Plaza (which doesn't even have a name other than Laundromat) is horrible. The previous times I had been there were tolerable but this time was ridiculous. First I lost money in one of the machines. Fine, try another one. Shortly after two other people lose money in other machines. Then I discover the change machine is broken and not of the other stores will sell quarters. That's it. I decided to go to the on on the other side of town. That one was fine. And my clothes were dried in record time. All I have to say is the one at Central Park Plaza is pathetic and I will be going to Steamboat Cleaners from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - it's 1:27 a.m. on a Tuesday night, where's the newest installmennt of surly literature?

Here it is, the latest incarnation of the public square - only this is the public square of a tiny town somewhere in the mountains. Nonetheless, it is a community, and we need a voice. Not just any voice, the voice of a surly pump monkey!